Dusk Network Staking Set-up Walk-through
A How-To guide to stake DUSK as a Block Generator
Please note: the Block Generator prestaking contract address is:
Why stake on Dusk Network?
Staking is a vital mechanic within Dusk Network. On the technical side, the act of staking powers the Segregated Byzantine Agreement (SBA), Dusk Network’s very own Consensus Algorithm. By staking, participants show their dedication and willingness to further support Dusk Network. During the ERC-20 stage, minimal technical knowledge is required to identify as a Block Generator.Here’s why you should start staking today:
- Be part of the community that is Dusk Network
- Be an early adopter of cutting edge technology
- Identify as a Block Generator and earn competitive rewards
Our step-by-step tutorials will detail the actions needed to participate, ensuring wide accessibility for non-technically savvy users.
- Part I) Requirements for Staking
- Part II) Adding the MetaMask extension to your Browser
- Part III) Connect your Staking wallet with the Dusk Network Dashboard
- Part IV) Stake DUSK and become a Block Generator
- Part V) Rewards and Withdrawals
- Part VI) Important links
I) Requirements for Staking
Before moving along with the staking process make sure you have all prerequisites necessary for Dusk Network Block Generator Staking, and thus hold the following in your wallet:
- 100.000 ERC-20 DUSK tokens
- ETH Gas for transactions
If you are holding your tokens on an exchange, make sure to withdraw the ERC-20 variant of DUSK into your personal wallet.
Are you using the Brave Browser? Make sure to check step 3.3 for troubleshooting.
II) Adding the MetaMask extension to your Browser
Note: if you already have MetaMask installed you can skip this step and move to part III.
MetaMask is trusted by over 1 million users worldwide, and can be used to start exploring blockchain applications in seconds.
- Step 1. Select Chrome and install Metamask for your browser.
- Step 2. Click the “Add to Chrome” button in the top right corner.
- Step 3. Click “Add extension” in the pop-up screen.
- Step 4. Click “Get started” on the MetaMask welcome screen.
Step 5. Select your preferred option: “Import Wallet” or “Create a Wallet”.
Now that you have downloaded the MetaMask browser extension you should be able to find it under “extensions” in the top right corner of your browser window.
III) Connect your Staking wallet with the Dusk Network Dashboard
Step 1. Visit the website staking.dusk.network .
Step 2. Agree to the terms and conditions and click “Stake DUSK”.
Step 3. Click the button “Connect with MetaMask”.
Note: if this button does not appear, please revert to Part II and install the MetaMask extension. Have MetaMask installed, and is it still not working?
Step 3.1 Add Token
Click ‘Add Token’, and select ‘Custom Token’ in the next interface. Enter the contract address:
0x940a2db1b7008b6c776d4faaca729d6d4a4aa551. Then enter the token name ‘DUSK’ and 18 decimals (if this does not load this automatically). Click accept to continue.
Step 3.2 Check if your MetaMask account is connected to the website.
Click the triple dot to access the settings, go to ‘connected sites’ and click ‘manually connect to current website’.
Step 3.3 Using the Brave Browser?
Running into problems connecting with Brave? Brave’s native Crypto Wallets interfere with the MetaMask connection. Head over to the settings button on the top right of your browser. Then select ‘settings’. Scroll down to the ‘Extensions’-overview, and look for ‘Web3 provider for using Dapps’, select ‘MetaMask’. Once it’s done, refresh (CTRL+SHIFT+R for a hard refresh) the page and try again.
Step 4. Follow the instructions in the MetaMask Notification.
- [1/2] Select the wallet address that holds your DUSK from the list and click “Next”.
- [2/2] “Confirm” that your personal Dusk Staking Dashboard will show your wallet address.
Step 5. Now you have access to your personal Dusk Staking Dashboard.
The dashboard shows your address, the available DUSK balance, and smart contract address for staking. If your address is correct and the amount of DUSK exceeds the 100.000 mark, you are all set-up to move to the next part and start Block Generator Staking.
IV) Start Block Generator Staking
Step 1. Click on the “Stake Dusk” button.
Step 2. “Confirm” permission on the MetaMask Notification that pops up.
By granting this permission, you’re allowing staking.dusk.network to access the 100.000 DUSK amount and approve the transaction.
Note: Make sure that the website requesting your permission is exactly the same as the address in the browser!
A fee is associated with this request and is dependent on the selected processing time.
Step 3. Tick all the boxes for Block Generator Staking and click “Send Stake”. The amount staked and the reward address are set and cannot be changed. Please read the following statements carefully before commencing to “Send Stake”.
- I acknowledge that the DUSK staked and rewarded can only be withdrawn to this address.
- I understand that I am solely responsible for safekeeping my Private Key and that without it I can not recover my DUSK.
- I am aware that there is a 30-day lock-up period for staked DUSK and rewards. After this period, withdrawals are enabled. Any initiated withdrawal can be claimed after a 7 (seven) day cool-down period.
There is a small chance that you receive this error message with a sufficient amount of Dusk on your balance. This is because there could be a delay in the transaction to be authorized on the network. If that is the case, refreshing the page should solve the issue.
Step 4. “Confirm” MetaMask Notification to Send Stake.
By granting this permission, you’re sending the amount of 100.000 DUSK to the Staking Contract. Please exercise patience as it could take some time before the transaction comes through. Also, please do NOT refresh the page or leave the MetaMask Notification before the transaction is finalized.
A transaction fee is required.
Step 5. You are now a Block Generator!
Congratulations! You are now officially a Block Generator for Dusk Network.
V) Rewards and Withdrawals
It is not possible to initiate withdrawals during the initial 30-day lock-up period. After this period you can choose to “Unstake”, after which you stop earning rewards and initiate the 7-day cool-down period. After the cool-down period you are able to (re)claim your stake and/or rewards.
The daily rewards of Block Generators are dependent on the amount of participants on a given day. The Rewards Table below gives away the rewards structure for differing amounts of staking participants (Block Generators). For the latest updates regarding staking participants please resort to official Dusk Network announcements or the staking.dusk.network website.
VI) Important links
- Official website: http://dusk.network
- Official staking website: http://staking.dusk.network
- Pre-staking contract: https://github.com/dusk-network/prestaking-contract
- Audit report Cyber Unit: https://github.com/dusk-network/prestaking-contract/blob/master/docs/audit_report.pdf
- Latest news: https://dusk.network/pages/all-posts
- Subscribe to the newsletter: Monthly-Dose-of-Dusk
Do you have the guidance you're looking for?
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us through [email protected] .